Training and Education
General Practice Nurse Education network The aim of this site is to increase awareness among nurses and student nurses of the support and opportunities available within the general practice specialism. This offers information on how to become a practice nurse, an A-Z of clinical skills and educational resources for professional development.
Diabetic foot screening training days for practice nurses, dates for 2020:
- Monday 10th February 9.30 - 12.30
- Tuesday 12th May 13.30 - 16.30
- Wednesday 9th September 13.30 - 16.30
- Tuesday 17th November 9.30 - 12.30
The Venue will be the boardroom at Kendray Hospital. To book a place; Please contact Dawn Taylor on 01226 644315 email@example.com
Acadoodle Tutorial Website - ECGs rich video explanations - useful for students/ HCAs / Nurses.
Cervical screening Programme Training
The prescribing simulator is a formative assessment tool for a prescribers to develop their prescribing skills at any time or place. This link will take you directly to the simulator within e-learning for Health.
NHS England and the Primary Care Digital Transformation team have started a Digital Nurse Network.
The network aims to bring together nurses from around the country who want to learn more about digital. The network will offer training, briefings, webinars and more with a focus on digital and technology
E-Learning for Health which may be of particular interest
- Immunisation https://www.e-lfh.org.uk/programmes/immunisation/
- Think Sepsis https://www.e-lfh.org.uk/e-learning-launched-encourage-healthcare-professionals-think-sepsis/
- Leading Change, adding value https://www.e-lfh.org.uk/programmes/leading-change-adding-value/
Breath Sounds and Heart sounds
E-learning for Health on line learning has a range of courses you will find useful
Leadership course - on line
Primary Care Respiratory Academy
The academy’s scope is multidisciplinary, reflecting the varying needs of those involved in providing the best primary care for people with respiratory disease http://www.respiratoryacademy.co.uk/clinical/
Radiology Requesting on ICE for ANP
- The training on the link below must be updated every three years to allow an ANP to continue in their role as a Non-Medical Referrer. If the ANP can provide evidence that they have completed similar training elsewhere within the last three years this will also be accepted.
- The attached paperwork also needs completing and forwarding to myself and Elizabeth Elfleet with proof of completion of the modules listed on the first page of the application. The link to the training is shown below.
- When Barnsley Hospital have received the necessary paperwork they will add the ANP to the register of Non-Medical Referrers who can refer for Imaging to Barnsley Hospital NHS Foundation Trust.
RCN Infection Prevent and Control Module
This course may be of interest to registered nurses who are:
- Infection Control Leads in GP Surgeries
- Line nurses / practitioners
- Infection control practitioners requiring a refresher module