Barnsley Cancer After Care service
Barnsley Cancer Aftercare was established over 25 years ago. Our aim was to provide support to anyone living in Barnsley suffering from the burden of cancer, giving a caring and sharing service, not only to the patient but to their families and carers
We recognised there was a great need for complementary therapy service for cancer patients in Barnsley and our goal has been to raise funds to provide at least part of this valuable service. We have succeeded in funding a therapist once a month at our Tuesday meeting
We as a group,have gained friendship and confidence from each other to face life through the cancer journey with both treatment and aftercare
We offer Practical Help & Emotional Support
The aims and objectives of Barnsley Cancer Aftercare
- To promote the health of those persons in Barnsley, who have undergone surgical or other treatment for cancer.
- To liaise with other persons to provide information and assistance to help achieve our objectives.
- To invite speakers on a regular basis to give talks on various subjects
- To offer confidential support and advice
Professional advice from Barnsley Hospital Cancer Care Specialist is available and can be arranged at the meetings
Like all local charities,Barnsley Cancer Aftercare relies on donations from local organisations and people in order to continue our support to Barnsley cancer patients
If you are interested in donating to our charity or would be willing to hold a fund raising event for us, then please contact:
Josie Wilcoks 01226219388 or Lorain Kelly 0122629484
Accessing the service
- Tel: 01226 219388
- Email: email@example.com
- Clinical support groupCancer, Palliative Care, Pain and Older People
- Clinical support area
- Service type
- Condition or indicators
- Fax number
- Email address
- Clinical support by body system
- Bypass detail pageNo
- Bypass detail page and
Do you want to add this to your CPD record?
Did you find this page helpful?